Saturday, April 16, 2011

My birthday gift

Getting older actually does get easier. I honestly can say this year feels fabulous. I have celebrated all week, but last night I had a low key evening with a small group of friends. Everyone gave me amazing gifts. Mia drew me a picture (she's a talented pre-kindergarten gal) and then there is the wine, gift cards, and my favorite just spending time with amazing women who inspire me. Oh those beautiful qualities my friend (of over 23 years now OMG!) made a frame and a type of letter/reflection if you will. I can't stop thinking about it. I re-typed it so everyone can read it. Amazing Kellie. I love being a nurse, and I love that so many of us, help so many people everyday!

"My Angels on earth…

When my great grandmother was ailing and suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s, it was a nurse who would come to the house and care for her, making her last few months on earth comfortable.

When my little sister was born with Down syndrome, it was a nurse who comforted my family after they rushed our new baby to the NICU.

When my brother was in the hospital after a tragic event, it was a nurse who reassured my family that he was going to recover.

When I was in the hospital having my own babies, it was a nurse who held my hand, reminded me to breath and helped me deal with the aftermath of a C-section. It was a nurse who wiped my post-partum tears and told me it was normal to feel anxiety. I felt so comforted and never alone.
When I was worried about my son’s pneumonia, it was a nurse who gave me piece of mind and told me everything was going to be alright.

When I visit many families through my charity work, its nurses who give the kids and families the hope, strength, and motivation to overcome obstacles.

I think God put angles on earth to take care of all of us throughout different times in our lives. These angels are called nurses, Throughout my life I have been touched by nurses and I am so blessed and proud to have a friend who is one.
Love, your friend,
Kellie"

Kellie is an amazing woman who inspires me daily. Truly a great moment in my life. Thank you!

1 comment: