Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Windows

Windows can be the openings to your soul, or even just the space in which to let light reflect upon your heart. As of late I have traveled to various missions and Native American sites around New Mexico and Colorado and my mind has started to ponder. I spent my time enjoying some inner peace and reflecting upon the past. It made me think that all around us in life there are windows of opportunities.







I can remember as a little girl looking out the window of out small trailer and thinking of all the things I wanted to accomplish. The window served to inspire my dreams. I never had small dreams, or unattainable goals. In my dreams I wanted to help others, serve as a mentor and leader and ultimately one day move to a place where I could enjoy the calm breeze from the mountains. My window served as my inspiration, my dream builder, and my launching point for life.

A few weeks ago when I traveled to the Abo missions at the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument, I glimpsed at windows that over-looked tumbling hills. I sat and wondered if others used this window to look out and day dream. If I were at a mission as a Native American in 1629, what would I dream of? The sun good, the mother of life, of wild flowers and tumbling rain showers, possibly yes, but probably more.


The invention of windows can be linked to as early as the 13th century and in various languages the word “window” has been described as the “wind eye”. I think that they were invented to open your inner soul, to allow for daydreams and to shed light on our hearts.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment